Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Appreciate your crew!

Hello everyone! It’s Evan and I’ve returned with another blog post for you all. This one is about the magical people who help bring shows to life, THE CREW!

The crew plays an essential role in bringing shows to life. They do extraordinary things like creating set pieces, designing costumes, timing sound effects, making sure actors get into costumes in a limited amount of time and so much more behind the curtain. I PERSONALLY think crew members don't get enough recognition. I think that they have an incredibly hard job and they are a prime part of how shows get to the stage. I was watching videos on YouTube and it
really struck me how important crew members are. At the 2015 Tony Awards, the cast of The King and I performed a medley of Getting to Know You, Something Wonderful, and Shall We Dance. Kelli O'Hara has a quick change in which she had to change from her schoolteacher outfit to her grand ballroom out. This video showed how the costume crew quickly helped Kelli into her second costume and I was stunned. Kelli couldn't have done this by herself and it hit me that while actors and actresses put on a great performance, they couldn't do it without the crew members. So, to any crew members reading this, thank you so much. We actors couldn't do it without you.

I hope you got to learn about what happens behind the curtain. Thank you so much for reading, keep conquering the stage! 

~ Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment