Search This Blog

Sunday, December 31, 2017

The King and I Review

Hello everyone! It’s Evan and I’ve returned with another blog post for you all, this one being a review of The King and I.

On December 30, 2017, I saw a performance of The King and I starring Laura Michelle Kelly as Anna Leonowens and Jose Llana as The King of Siam. This show blew me away. I went in knowing only a few songs and the others really surprised me, but let’s get to the review!

The King and I tells the story of a widowed English schoolteacher (Laura Michelle Kelly) who, along with her young son Louis (Rhyees Stump) travel to Siam to teach The King’s (Jose Llana) many children, but Anna and The King form a tedious relationship.
To begin—Laura Michelle Kelly’s performance in this show is outstanding. It’s honest and kind and I think everyone could find something to love about it. Her voice is also GORGEOUS! Her rendition of Hello Young
Lovers
is so beautiful and it touched my heart. She and Jose Llana had great chemistry! The audience could really tell that they enjoyed performing together and seeing them together was unlike any performance I’ve ever seen.
The show itself blew me away as well. The orchestrations and the choreography were huge stand outs. The book is incredible. There were so many American jokes that I, and the rest of the audience were near crying due to how funny they were, and Jose had great comedic timing and really used his jokes to the fullest. The music in this show is absolutely gorgeous, every song was so ravigant and the music is EXQUISITE. I fell in love with every character and I didn’t want the show to end.
There is not a bad thing to say about this show, it was phenomenal! I give it 5 stars! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Thank you so much for reading, keep conquering the stage!

~ Evan


No comments:

Post a Comment