Search This Blog

Saturday, December 23, 2017

RENT Live Dream Cast

Hello everyone, it’s Evan and I’ve returned with another blog post for you all, this one being my dream casting for FOX’s 2019 live musical event, RENT! I hope you all enjoy!

As many of you know, FOX and NBC have been broadcasting live productions of musicals such as The Sound of Music, The Wiz, Hairspray, and Grease. I love
these productions because they 
incorporate Broadway stars and mainstream artists which is a great way to get new audiences into musical theatre. I hope you’ll enjoy my dream cast of RENT

Ben Platt as Mark

I along with many other people, would love to see Ben’s take as Mark Cohen. I think he has the PERFECT voice and he clearly has the acting chops. Ben’s father is producing this event, so it would be super cool to see them work on a project together. He recently won the 2017 Tony Award for Best Leading Actor in a Musical for his performance as Evan Hansen in Dear Evan Hansen. Ben has also appeared in The Book of Mormon and Pitch Perfect.


Brendon Urie as Roger

Over the past several months, I’ve become a big Panic! at the Disco fan and I love Brendon Urie’s voice, and I think he would be a great fit for Roger! Brendon made his Broadway debut this summer as Charlie Price in Kinky Boots and he gathered rave reviews. I think he would be a brilliant fit for Roger because I think his voice fits the character, and I feel as if Roger himself, would listen to Panic! at the Disco. 

Camila Mendes as Mimi

I think Camila Mendes would be a great pick for Mimi because she can not only act, but she’s proven on multiple occasions that she can sing, and I think her voice is extremely fitting for Mimi. Camila is currently playing Veronica Lodge on Riverdale and I think her character is very similar to Mimi, mostly due to their attitude and their demanding flair. Camila has actually sung Out Tonight on Riverdale and I thought it was a brilliant performance.

Todrick Hall as Angel

I think Todrick would be a great Angel! He has lots of musical theatre experience, and he has a FANTASTIC voice. He recently appeared as Lola in Kinky Boots and he is currently starring as Billy Flynn in Chicago. He has also appeared in numerous shows at community and regional theatres. Todrick has lots of experience with drag, which is crucial to a role like Angel, so I think he would be a great choice!

Amber Riley as Joanne

I think Amber Riley would be a GREAT choice for Joanne because, she's a radiant performer, and I think her voice is perfect for the role. She showcased her stellar voice on Glee and she recently won an Olivier Award for her performance as Effie White in Dreamgirls. She and Lea Michele have even performed Take Me or Leave Me on Glee!

Lea Michele as Maureen

I think that Lea Michele would be a PHENOMENAL Maureen. She is a brilliant performer and she has a gorgeous voice. She has lots of musical theatre credits such as Les Miserables and Spring Awakening. She is best known for her performance on Glee as Rachel Berry, where she has sung many showtunes, including Take Me or Leave Me!

Post your RENT Live dream cast in the comment box below. Happy Holidays everyone! Thank you so much for reading, keep conquering the stage.


~ Evan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing information.

    FYI, If you need The Cheapest Misty Fan Rental Service in Indonesia for any events, you can contact us. We will provide you need.

    More about us you can visit : http://arthurteknik.com

    ReplyDelete